[TenTec] RE: Pegasus ATTN button

M. Clark rudder@gulfcoast.net
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:33:26 -0500

At 04:18 PM 12/10/99 -0000, you wrote:
>Interesting and perhaps highlights the concept of 'ownership of the data'.
>
>The Pegasus apparently has at least two sources of data:  The PC and the pod
>(I am not really sure what this can control other than frequency).
>
>It would seem 'very tricky' to simply have the PC always send 'everything'
>to the Pegasus or vice-versa.

The programming manual states that the Peg doesn't have the ability to set
its oscillators without the PC first computing the settings.  If this is
true, then it would seem that the pod knob data must first be sent to the
PC software before frequency data can be sent down to the DSP firmware.

73, Malcolm WX4YZ