[TenTec] Fw: Anyone tried upgrading OMNI V Firmware? N4PY

Carl Moreschi CarlMoreschi@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 14:34:56 -0000

John,
Its been several years since I wrote this firmware.  Looking at my source
code,  it uses 448 bytes of RAM built into the chip.  If the chip you are
looking at only has 176 bytes of RAM, it will not work.  I would recommend
trying different sources for a chip that at least matches the MC68HC705C8CS
in RAM size with 8K eprom.  By the way, if you can come up with a
way to write the firmware the the chip, I can send you a file with the
eprom image.  This chip is so different form other eproms I had to
build my own eprom writer.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
carlmoreschi@worldnet.att.net