[TenTec] wide signals

Don don@corporatemedia.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:05:34 -0500

Perhaps it's only because I am on the air for a limited amount of time
each year (during four major contests & perhaps the 10M & 160M tests),
but I really never encounter these broad, wide signals.

I often get accused of being "too loud" or "way too broad" myself,
however.  And I know my gear's adjusted correctly.  I always chuckle
when someone says I'm pegging his needle and then tells me I'm too wide,
because THAT GUY's also usually 40-50 db over S9.  That's how it works,
on phone.  Of course, no one ever considers that, or the use of
multi-element stacked Yagi arrays & legal limit amps & propagation at
that moment.  It's "you're too wide on my frequency..."

But I digress...that's why CW's more fun!

Happy (ready for the flames) holidaze de Don K4ZA (& hired gun @ N4ZC)