[TenTec] Pegasus power supply

Chuck Kresge du3nxe@mozcom.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 07:07:12 +0800

I just received my Pegasus here in the Philippines and want to use it with
my Hercules II amp and power it from the Hercules power supply, the model
9420. The power supply has a 4 pin connector for also powering a Ten Tec
transceiver. I have used it with my OMNI VI+. The problem is that the power
connector for the Pegasus is only 2 pins-+13.8vdc and ground. Figure 1-1 of
chapter one, Installation, shows pins 2 and 3 jumpered when the model 962
power supply is used.

I suspect that I can turn on the Hercules II power supply for the Pegasus
which I have connected to pins 1-gnd and 4-+13.8vdc by simply connecting a
SPST switch across pins 2 and 3? The model 9420 manual is not clear in this
regard.

That is my question. I hesitate to try the SPST switch with out some
assistance as I am located in the boondocks of the Philippines and repair of
anything is a major headache. Trying to call the factory from here is not a
good option.

Any assistance from knowledgeable Ten Tec users would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance-Chuck Kresge DU3NXE du3nxe@mozcom.com