[TenTec] My new Pegasus

Roy Minuth - KC8CHR rminuth@tir.com
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 01:50:25 -0500

Hi all,

Well my new Pegasus finally arrived the other day and I am ver pleased on
it's performance. I had also bought the Encoder/Keypad and the 705 mic. I
did encounter one small problem of not having enough mic gain to drive the
rig. A quick call to TT and Stan gave me a idea to try. After installing a 9
volt battery and not seeing a difference, I popped off the case and followed
the mic leads  to the logic board and spotted the internal mic gain pot and
gave it a small turn. Now I don't have to stick the mic in my mouth to get
any audio hi hi..

I do have a quick question about CW filters. What would be a good set of
filters to use on CW? Any suggestions? or is it just personal preference? I
have never had so many filters to choose from, its hard to make the right
choice I guess. I am very happy on how well the Pegasus operates. My next
project is to hook up a key and give CW a try.

73,  --Roy--  KC8CHR