[TenTec] Heil Pro-Micro

ken k7zum k7zum@teleport.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 02:52:00 -0800

-

is intresting comments on Heil mics, as I have used heil pro headsets with
the hc-4 cartridge on all of the omni's that i have used for years, and have
never had a problem with being able to drive the rig, on my current omni-6 +
I have two sets of heil pro headsets, one for me and the other for my two
sons, both drive the heck out of the omni, usually at the 9 o'clock position
and that's plenty of drive, and that was the same drive level on both my
omni 6's and my omni 5 ! I even took my omni 6 plus to st. martien this year
with both of my two young sons and did the c.q.w.w. phone as fs/k7zum, and
took both sets of headphones and had no problems with the mics not driving
the rig, actually, I did get rather hard to take reports of "excellant
audio" from what seemed like (after two weeks) ka-jillions of qso's. So gee,
it must be something that I'am doing wrong, getting this heil headset to
actually work well with my omni, hmmmm, maybe i plugged it in wrong !  or
got a real "freak" of nature headset !  what do you guys think ????

73.... Ken..... K7ZUM

>I mean...what is so difficult about making a mic with enough gain to
>drive the average rig? If you ask me, they are just an over priced
>pile of junk.

. Yea...I think this Heil fad is about like Bose speakers. Just