Arthur R Bernstein <n2ka@juno.com>: [TenTec] TT 705 Cartridge in headset-boom mike??

Anthony Bowyer adb1x1@yahoo.com
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 07:06:52 -0800 (PST)

Arthur,
    There's not too much that has to be done to power
an electret element. You really don't absolutely need
to get the 705 element. YOu could use a two wire
element from Radio Shack and probably get very good
results. I have a Plantronics headset that I modified
to work with my Pegasus. It had a two wire mike as
well. Here's how mine's done.

                     1k 1/4 watt
Electret    |-------/\/\/\----------> to Pin 4 (+4)
Element     |
-----  +    |     + 6.8 mf Tantalum
 | |
-----  -                 (Shielded Cable)

  The Resistor and Capacitor are in the mike plug.
That's why I used a tantalum cap and 1/4 watt res. You
could use a 1/8 watt too. I just used what I had on
hand.
  Note the polarity on the electret element and the
Cap.