[TenTec] pegasus and blown finals

Anthony Bowyer adb1x1@yahoo.com
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 05:54:51 -0800 (PST)

Bill,
    The finals didn't blow in my Pegasus, but they
either suddenly became very leaky or the bias circuit
went crazy. After I'd adjusted the Ant. tuner, maybe
for 30 seconds or so, the heat sink was so hot I
couldn't touch it. After it cooled down, I turned
everthing back on and the heat sink started heating
very quickly, and I wasn't transmitting! Mine went to
T*T yesterday.