[TenTec] Ten Tec, Warts and All. . .

Sherrill WATKINS SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:03:02 -0500

Dear Ten Tec Fans:  I have an annoying problem with my Corsair 1 in that when the "spot" button is pushed to activate the sidetone oscillator, it does not sound like a pure sine wave.  It sounds distorted , like a sawtooth wave.  I would like to hear a pure 750 Hz side tone so as to be properly zero beat with a calling cw station frequency.  Since  the transmit offset on the Corsair is 750 Hz and using the spot button to turn on the 750 Hz (?) sidetone oscillator and tune the receiver until the station sending and the sidetone oscillator tones are both the same should zero beat my transmitter to the frequency of the station calling cq. However, I find it a little difficult as my sidetone oscillator does not sound right.  Has anyone else noted this "problem" with the Corsair 1?? Also, does the Corsair have a sidetone frequency( tone) adjustment?? -I will appreciate all comments received as I also am a real fan of the Corsair.- Sherrill E. Watkins,  K4OWN

>>> <JimN0OCT@aol.com> 12/29 2:14 PM >>>

All,

I think Clark and others bring up a good point:  Let's discuss some of the
'warts' that are peculiar to our rigs.  It will certainly make us more
knowledgible about our radios, and may enlighten us to some quirks we didn't
know about.

I'm all ears--what's weird about my '509 and my Corsair 1 [besides the fact
that the NB can't hold a candle to the one on my Drake TR7]??

73, Jim
N+OCT