[TenTec] Ten Tec, Warts and All. . .

JEFF S JOHNSON aa8ve@juno.com
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:04:01 -0500

I'd like to change the Prop. report beep timer on the Omni-V from once
per hour at 16 past to be able to use it as a ten minuet ID timer. Also
move all the rear setting pots to the top front under a small door or
something.

One mod I did that worked out well was to remove the cover from the LO
mixer box. CAREFULLY measure and drill small clean holes in it that line
up with the trimmer caps.
This allowed me to do a very accurate alignment for each band by
measuring the frequency at the transverter output while the rig was
warmed up. It's been over a year and everything is still dead on. Who
knows it may stay till Y3K!

73  Jeff  aa8ve