[TenTec] correction, my OMNI VI SWR/RF gain interaction on 30 meters

pcuellar@mail.bright.net pcuellar@mail.bright.net
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 07:41:23 -0500

I'm not an electrical engineer, but I've seen one on TV...Is it possible that this "stupid Omni trick" is within the realm of the "doctor doctor!" syndrome?
Patient: "Doctor doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
Doctor: "Don't do that."

Just a thought....
Happy Y2K and 73 de KB8TRK - Phil
P.S. - anxiously awaiting the "Stupid Corsair Tricks" edition!

On  Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:01:54 -0500, tentec@contesting.com wrote about  RE: [TenTec] correction, my OMNI VI SWR/RF gain interaction on 30
		 meters:
	"Could someone explain how you adjust the RF gain when measuring the SWR? Does
the rig receive at the same time it transmits? Is there a reason for changing
the RF gain when transmitting? Has anyone tested other combinations of controls,
such as adjusting vox delay to see if it changes the RF gain?

Bill Ames
KB1LG

Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm"