Fwd: [TenTec] Ads + New Equipment

AB4KX@aol.com AB4KX@aol.com
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:46:06 EST

--part0_918222367_boundary

From: AB4KX@aol.com
To: Bill_Ames@hyperion.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ads + New Equipment
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:01:08 EST

I have e-mailed TT a couple of times suggesting that they need a rugged,
simple 9 band  HF rig without modules, preferably optimized for 12V  operation
(not 13.8)  and possibly in man-pack configuration -- keep it simple and keep
it in the $800 dollar range -- but they have assured me that they understand
their market and that such a rig is not necessary.  Along comes the SGC 2020,
the FT70G,  FT100, IC706,  the TS50/60 etc etc.  I would like something that I
know can be fixed, has good QSK/keying and does not have 100+ controls on the
front.  -- Something for the ham who prefers operating to tweeking bells and
whistles -- and who wants to be able to do it off a battery.
-Bryan Vaughan, AB4KX  (ab4kx@aol.com)

--part0_918222367_boundary--