[TenTec] About the new rig

Dave Sublette k4to@meginc.com
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:18:26 -0500

Somehow I missed the original posting of the "announcement" of the new rig.  What I
have been able to figure out from later postings, the rig seems to be a pretty basic
rig for six and two meters. If so, I would think it might have trouble finding a
market since there are a number of rigs(new and used)  available that operate more
than just two bands.  Hopefully this rig will find a place with folks who don't
operate these bands at all and we can gt some new folks on. Later, they will want to
expand to other bands if their interest 'catches on" like mine did. It would be nice
if there were a low level transverter port on the back or an ALC input to turn down
power using a transceiver interface box a'la Downeast Microwave.  I don't like the
idea of having to turn down power from the front panel to interface with
transverters.  I just feel that sooner or later, I will have my mind elsewhere when
I switch bands and forget to turn it down. A fried transverter is no fun. I'll be
eager to see the new rig and wish the Ten Tec bunch the best on this new endeavor.

73,

Dave, K4TO