[TenTec] On Contact Cleaning

Walter S Delesandri walt@jove.acs.unt.edu
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 17:16:04 -0600 (CST)

Ok, I've already admitted in a previous message that I used to
use gun cleaner (trichlor) spray, followed by a SMALL amount of
WD-40....with great success for YEARS worth of BA repairs/restos....

I also stated that I now use De-oxit, after the cleaning with
solvent on really dirty switches/pots.....mainly because of
"peer" pressure....

I've experienced the BS audio "tweek" shit in my past diversions
into "high-end" audio.....(hangs his head in shame, exits stage)

Now, let's drag out the 'scientists'... and get some 'hard'
answers....since the 'carburetor cleaner followed by WD-40'
>WORKS!< (sorry Jerry) and since I've been 'saved' and now use
'proper' (high dollar) product, answer me this.....no emotions
please....WHAT harm does a small amount of WD-40 do in rotary
switches and pots?....what about wiping down the chassis with
it for 'preservation'?  I.E., the doctors told us to eat eggs
and sausage and lay in the sun when I was a kid....who in the
hell are we supposed to believe now?

All in good humor, of course (hehe)

Walt

On