[TenTec] Chirp, Chirp, Chirp, Spike, Spike, Spike

Simmons, Reid W reid.w.simmons@intel.com
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 10:58:00 -0800

Chirp, Chirp, Chirp.  It sounds like Spring is here!

My Omni VI/3 does not have the CW chirp problem as far as I know,  but
there is a SIZABLE spike (80 - 100 watts on a power meter) emitted on
LSB when the when the PTT is activated.  I have traced it as far as the
Low Level RF board but still haven't determined exactly what is
generating it.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reid, K7YX

_________________________________
Subject: Re: [TenTec] One, final, final chirp
Author:  "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson; P.E." [SMTP:geraldj@ames.net] at MSXGATE
Date:    1/8/99 9:25 AM

Clicks will be most perceptible in the wide receiver IF filter, least
perceptible in the narrow IF filter. The details of a particular
filter's frequency AND time response will determine what part of a click
it passes. That may vary from unit to unit depending on manufacturing
tolerances.

W1AW on 14.0475 has a leading edge click.

Chirps are narrow band events and should sound the same on narrow or
wide filters.

W1AW has NO chirp on 14.0475.

73, Jerry, K0CQ