[TenTec] 238 Tuner settings

Rich McCabe rmccabe@dwx.com
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:08:22 -0600

John,

I have the same problem with my dial and honestly haven't tried to fix it.
It does make is hard to use the "sheet sheet". I would be interested to hear
if it is feasible to make the dial accurate. My 238 is only 3 weeks old so I
would hope Ten Tec dud there best and it hasn't stretched out of
calibration.

The main reason I have not tried to fix it is because I bought a MFJ 259B
analyzer and have it  connected in line with a "reversed" antenna switch. It
makes for a fast tune and needs NO touchup...

73,

Rich McCabe
KD0ZV
Des Moines, Iowa

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tentec@contesting.com [mailto:owner-tentec@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of John Unger
Sent: Monday, January 11, 1999 11:57 AM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 238 Tuner settings

Pucks comment caught my eye. I've been using a 238 tuner for about 3 years
now, and one of the problems/headaches that I've had with it is calibrating
or matching the rotary inductor readings on the linear indicator with the
readings on the rotary dial. On my tuner I can't seem to have the "0" on
the dial match the divisions on the linear indicator consistently over the
range of the inductor. Do others have this problem with their 238's?

tnx es 73 - John, W4AU