[TenTec] Re: Digital Display for Argosy I?

John Unger w4au@contesting.com
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 10:14:59 -0500

Hmmm...  Maybe I'm missing something in this thread, but why does everyone
seem so desperate to find a digital display for their Argosy I? My Argosy
works fine as is, I know where I am in the band within less than a KHz or
so, and I don't feel the need for yet another box with digits in my shack.
The "resolution" that you will get from this rig in terms of frequency is
more related to the number of KHz per dial turn and your touch rather than
being able to "read" your frequency to the nearest 10 Hz, I think. What am
I missing?

73 - Jon, W4AU