[TenTec] question, please help

Rich McCabe rmccabe@dwx.com
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 09:29:22 -0600

Hi Scott,

I don't have an Omni but have had a couple Paragons, that I think work the
same. If there is anyone on the group with an Omni V and the "paragon" info
is different, please chime in.

I am curious why you are using the dual VFO function for RIT. Are you
operating that far away from your base frequency. Split mode operation ?

You are correct to hit A=B to bring the two VFO's together. On the Paragon
as soon as you start tuning after hitting SPLIT, you are tuning the
receiver. If you hit the A/B button, the B VFO (assuming you starting with
the A) becomes the receiver frequency, and whatever frequency you stopped
tuning on before you hit A/B is now your transmit frequency.

So you are correct in your method for tuning the transmitter. It can be
confusing if you have to move the transmit frequency. Otherwise just tune to
the transmit frequency, hit A=B and then SPLIT, and find your receive
frequency.

I am sure being blind makes this more of a challenge. I find it confusing
even with out any vision problems.

If you ever have the opportunity, you may want to consider a Paragon with
the voice module. I have this set up currently and have added the latest
Jack Giehl chip. With this option it annunciates Frequency,VFO and Mode.

I hope this helps. I am still curious why you dont use the RIT.

73,
Rich McCabe
KD0ZV
Des Moines, IA