[TenTec] Cable Lengths

MitchA@pssch.ps.ge.com MitchA@pssch.ps.ge.com
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:00:59 -0500

Hi, Guys:

I have been rearranging the station over here to fit in some new equipment -
actually the 1208A 6m Transverter - and have noticed that the SWR and
observed power output changes as I add lengths of coax.  Now, it is 100' to
my HF antenna and I have always had about 100W output from the Omni V -- I
can't see a resistance problem with 4 feet of extra coax (I tried multiple
pieces).  BUT...I do remember listening to a Collins net one time where they
were discussing ideal lengths of coax that the factory literature
recommended in order to yield the best SWR.  I also remember learning about
wavelength and transmission line lengths, back in the dark ages of
engineering school.  Would any of you be able to refresh us on this, as it
relates to 50-ohm coax, such as RG-213 ?  Thank you.

73 --

Mitch  KG9DB