[TenTec] OMNI 6 PLUS, 250 hz Filter Problems

RLVZ@aol.com RLVZ@aol.com
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 00:01:46 EST

I just purchased Model 219 & 282-  250 hz filters from Ten-Tec and have a
problem: Filter 219 in the 9 Mhz IF works fine whether operating alone or in
tandem with the Model 285- 500 hz filter in the 6.3 Mhz IF.  However, the
Model 282- 250 hz filter in the 6.3 Mhz IF does not work well at all... when I
kick in the 282 the desired signal drops 5 to 9 S-units and the audio is not
as clear.  (sounds more high pitched).
Ten-Tec got me out a new 282 filter right away... but no improvement.   I have
tried changing the gain jumper for the filter and tried various cw offsets
with no change.
Any ideas?  Thanks,  Dick-K9OM