[TenTec] OMNI 6 PLUS, 250 hz Filter Problems

patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 07:20:59 -0000 (GMT)

OK you win, Roy ! My apologies for the goof - I misread the msg as
being Omni-V related.
But the principle is OK; it seems to be a matter of finding out how
to get the second filter aligned with the passband of the first so
that signals get thru both. Bandpass tuning is surely a feature of
the Omni-VI so it ought to be possible to set 'em in line somehow.

Now if normal bandpass tuning refuse to deliver, then there really
must be a problem. All I can say is that it needs some extra care to
use the 500 Hz plus 250 Hz filter combo I have here. I sometimes
switch in the 250 in the second IF and wonder where the DX went !! Add
the extra sharpness of two cascaded 250 Hz filters (AND also the
significant extra signal loss) and my guess is that the PBT setting
needs a LOT more care.

John G3JAG

E-Mail: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk