[TenTec] INRAD 2.4khz 10 Pole Filter

N1EU n1eu@yahoo.com
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 16:14:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I installed the INRAD 2.4khz 10 pole filter in the
standard first (non-switched) 9 Mhz position,
replacing the Ten Tec 2.4khz filter.  I find that the
INRAD filter has less loss than the Ten Tec, with the
result that with RF gain full clockwise, there can be
some feedback.  If anyone else has this filter
installed in that position, try this: disconnect the
antenna and crank the RF gain control (no filter
option switches engaged in either if).  In cw, my
audio starts to whistle and in usb starts a swishing
whistle.

I guess easy fix is to ease off the RF gain control.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Tnx & 73,
Barry  N1EU