[TenTec] Results so far: AGC: ON or OFF Survey

JAMES T BRANNIGAN JTBRANNIGAN@prodigy.net
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 18:49:50 -0400

Partial quote from my Collins manual
"When listening to strong signals, a reduction in background noise under
no-modulation conditions may be obtained by rotating the RF GAIN control
away from the maximum position. "

In the 75S-3B, reducing the RF gain increased the bias on the AGC line.
This had the effect of over riding the AGC voltage fluctuations.  The S
meter reflected this action.
The side tone is obtained from the 32S transmitter and is adjustable
internally in the transmitter or by using the receiver volume control.

Jim