[TenTec] DSP, AGC, RF gain and envy !!

Peter McEwen 7pound@cwcom.net
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 23:20:48 +0100

Hello all,

I have read recent postings regarding AGC/RF gain methods and the
advantage of DSP with envy - Oh to try an Omni VI.

I use the AF/RF/Audio fiter controls in a complex triple simultaneous
arrangement to get the best from my wee Century 22 and it works very
well - the key to it all is the RF gain setting - sometimes less gain
balanced against the attenuation caused by the audio filter really pulls
the weak ones out.

Now I bet you lucky Omni VI operators dont have problems working out
which side of the received signal the Century 22 is tuned to - thats a
real art, hi hi

PS I would love to hear from any other Century 22 Ops, I have converted
one of my two Century 22's to cover the 17m band - not with much luck,
the transmitter was very unstable above about 10W and the RX a touch
insensitive but never-the-less I have a TA3 and JA qsl for 18Mhz to
satisfy my self that I was on the right track with the mod.

73 de Peter G4PUQ