[TenTec] WTB: TT 238 Tuner

John Dvoracek jdvoracek@vvm.com
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 01:07:37 -0500

>I would like to purchase an excellant condition 238 Tuner.
>Also, any comments from past/present owners would be appreciated.
>Robb...N0RU

I waited as long as I could trying to find a used 238, but last week my new
238 arrived from TT.  TT manufactures both the inductor and capacitor, and
they are works of art.  My multi-band wire antenna is a doublet mounted in
an inverted vee configuration with the center at 40 feet and fed with 450
ohm twin lead.  Each leg of the doublet is 60 feet, and the length of the
feedline is also 60 feet - it just turned out that way.  I am able to load
without difficulty on 10M through 160M, and I am pleased with the
performance.  A friend has run both a Hercules II and a Centurion through
his without difficulty, and he is also happy.
73,
de ke5c,
op John