[TenTec] Pegasus

Lee Bahr bahr521@earthlink.net
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:52:45 -0500

Well, I gave my thoughts already.  On a scale of 0 to 100 with 100 being
of high interest,  I have an interest level on this radio equal to 0. I
would have more fun spending my money on a tooth extraction than on
buying this radio. To me, it has as much value as 4DTV, or a telephone
with a built in trash compactor, cigarette lighter and headlights. I
remember seeing pictures in Popular Electronics on cars that were also
airplanes.  I saw pictures of boats that were also cars, I remember TV
sets with Record players and radios built into them.  I remember seeing
gadgets for the kitchen that were can openers and blenders.  I don't see
this stuff anymore.  When I want a FAX machine, I don't want to use my
computer as a FAX machine.  I don't want to use my computer to turn my
lights on and off.  I don't want to re-boot my transceiver.  I don't
want programmable volume and squelch controls.  I want analog knobs.  I
don't want to memorize operating rig truth tables to work the radio.  In
my car I don't want digital gauges.  Same in my airplane.  I want analog
gauges I can scan out of the corner of my eye.  I want to reach down and
feel the knobs and make adjustments without looking at a display and
truth table.  I don't want a combination bird house and lawn mower.  I
want to simplify my life not complicate it.  I am not making a living
with ham radio.  This is a hobby.  I want it to be fun, not work.  I
have limited time for my hobby.  I don't want to wait for my rig to boot
up before I use it.  It would be like CNN.  I have 3 minutes in the
morning to watch the news on TV and every time I turn on the TV CNN is
running a commercial.  Bye the time they get into the news again my 3
minutes is up.  So, computer boot time would eat into my operating time.
Don't need no stinkin computer rig.  Got my analog rig to keep me
company on cold Winter nights.  If it gets too complicated, I'm out of
here and am going to go watch some Three Stooges movies on TV.  Let's
see, anyone know of a good dentist for some really good fun?
Lee Bahr  w0vt  Houston, Texas