[TenTec] Pegasus - the litmus test

Scott Howell whowell@hq.nasa.gov
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 20:40:14 -0400

I just have to jump in the middle of the fray to insert my thoughts. I
couldnt' be happier with my Omni-V, I wouldn't sell it for any amount of
money, and finally it does everything I want it to do.
I did though purchase the rx-320 and found it to be an amazing rcvr. I can
say that upon first hearing of the PEgasus, I was not impressed and didn't
think I could possibly own such a rig. Now though I have to admitt that I
would give serious consideration to purchasing the Pegasus.
Here's one driving reason. I being a blind Ham use computers for nearly
everything cause its my link to the print world. So, it stands to reason
that with many of the new rigs having menus etc. I am limited in either
choice of manufacturers or rigs. I had a Kenwood ts570 and its not a
Ten-tec. I sold it and got the Omni-V. The Kenwood did have one advantage
that makes it attractive for a blind op, that is simply a speech board that
would do more than give the freq. So, with a pc interface, all the options
are now available by using my screen access software.
I even purchased my ht based on its ability to be programmed via the pc and
furthermore, I also got a new 2m rig that wo't get much use, but it will
soon have a software program making it also programmible via the computer.
So, although I am all for glowing rigs, I can now see why and how the
Pegasus can really fit my situation. Btw, many blind folks do have
computers and so this would fit right in there and get them to purchase TT
gear instead of Kenwood.

btw, if anyone sees this msg, please let me know. I do not believe any of
my mail is making it to the list. I can't seem to get any help with this.
Any help wold be appreciated.

tnx es 73 de Scott/n3byy