[TenTec] Triton IV vers Corsair II

William Lee William Lee" <willee@interconnect.net
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:29:21 -0500

I ran a coax to the back bedroom from the garage where the radio room is
located (about 75ft). The radio in the garage is a Corsair II. The radio in
the bedroom is a Triton IV. I noticed a much lower noise level with the
Triton IV and thought the coax was somehow attenuating the siginal. I moved
the Triton IV to the garage for a side by side test and guess what..... The
Triton IV kicked the Corsair II rear. Now this Corsair II was gone over by
Ten Tec last year so I know it is up to snuff but the signial to noise level
is a lot better with the Triton IV. The noise blanker is also more
effective. I run mostly SSB on 20m. I just dont understand how the little
Triton IV can have a better siginal to noise ratio that the Corsair II. Is
that supposed to happen?

William Lee  N5WRX