[TenTec] 262M VOX Teckie Question

Mike Souhrada wb9iog@revealed.net
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 12:24:43 -0500

I picked this up a few months ago anticipating finding a Triton
unit with out the P/S. Seems to be common to sell gear today
w/o one.
It was sold as not working-no surprise-took just a few components
and the DC is there in spades. I had a similar problem with the
252G last year so -been there done that.

BUT-the VOX part doesn't work. Fortunately I acquired one that does
work but the schematic details and the identification of ANYTHING
on the board is miniscule-read (no identification).
After much head scratching I discovered there is no oscillation
in the delay circuit which appears dead. There are only a few
parts in the circuit-glad I have a scope to see the timing.

Now the question-is there a weakness in that delay circuit
design? If you've repaired one what was the fault? I suspect
the UJT  may be it but am not sure; with out any reference
voltages in the schematic it makes it difficult to repair.
TNX for any suggestions from those who have -been there done that.
Mike
Le Claire, Iowa