[TenTec] Pegasus Show and Tell at Knoxville

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:59:43 -0400 (EDT)

I attended the Knoxville fest and ScottW4PA gave a very nice demo of the
new rig. I picked up a few new points from him.

1. The software commands will be provided to the public so anyone can
write their own program to operate the rig.This would be much like the
commands for the Omni VI.

2. The code for the GUI interface will not be available since TT spent
a lot of money developing it.

3. An internal keyer will be provided.

4. The external control box will cost $135.

5. The receiver section is basically the RX-320 with additional features.

6. The final amplifier and low pass filters are the same as used in the
Omni VI+.

Tom K1KY was there too. He was able to listen to it for a while. Tom if
you read this, give us your comments.

BTW folks. Both Tom and Scott are sharp cw ops and gave me a hard way to
go in the cw copying contest. Ironically, Scott lost by only one word,
"Bargin". The Pegasus will certainly be a bargin if it performs like we
believe it will.

Steve Ellington N4LQ
N4LQ@IGLOU.COM