[TenTec] D104 vs. dynamics, 104 works

rohre rohre@arlut.utexas.edu
14 Jun 1999 17:56:13 -0500

Hi,
I have replaced three dynamic elements, and still have the same D104 I dug out
of trash long ago, and it is going strong on 30 plus years!  Someone thought
it did not look "modern" enough for a P. A. system upgrade.

The dynamics made off shore are not as rugged, nor as high fi as what Mr.
Brokaw uses.  But, he is probably using a version of a condenser mike, what we
know today as electret condenser mikes.  Those are more commonly studio mikes.
 The diamond shaped studio mike of 40's and 50's was an RCA ribbon element.

73, Stuart K5KVH