[TenTec] Off Topic- keyboard keyer

Joe L Blackwell aa4nn@juno.com
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:30:14 -0400

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:46:00 -0600 "Ken Kinyon" <W7TS@ibm.net> writes:
>This device sound interesting.  Are they still being made?  I would
>like to buy one to play with. Thanks in advance, Ken

Hi Ken, W7TS
The QST July 1992 article on the CW68HC05 Keyboard/Keyer was a
construction project, written by Ed Oscarson, WA1TWX.  At that time, kit
parts and keyboard interface parts were available from:

	Single Chip Solutions
	P.O. Box 680
	New Hartford, CT  06057

For example, a PC board and parts kit (excluding keyboard, case and
power supply), $75.  Programmed  MC68HC706C8P IC $40 which
when ordering the IC you specify IBM PC, ADAM or TI-99 keyboard.
Source code was available for $25.  You could get an assembled
PC board, excluding keyboard, case and power supply, for $90.
Parts to interface the IBM PC or ADAM keyboard, $5;  TI-99, $10.

A template package containing the full-size PC-board and part
overlay was available free from ARRL with business size SASE to:

	Oscarson CW68HC05 Keyboard/Keyer Template
	Technical Department Secretary
	ARRL
	225 Main St.
	Newington, CT  06111

Information above was plagiarized from July 1992 QST Magazine.

73 de Joe, AA4NN   eeetet   ee