[TenTec] CW offset

Clark Savage Turner turner@rome.ics.uci.edu
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:49:41 -0700

I favor about a 400 - 500 Hz offset, depending on my mood.  You
can reset an 800 Hz offset in your 830 down to 500 by use of
the IF shift control.  You can use the PBT on most Ten Tec
rigs to do this too.  I cut the diode in my TS 440 to set it
to a 400 Hz offset, and I really like that :-) .

Of course, the proper way to do this (unless the offset is
actually resettable by control in the rig), you should set
the IF shift or PBT to detent, tune in the signal to the
proper offset, such as 800 Hz, then use the RIT to tune off
to get the offset you want to hear, and reset the IF shift
or PBT with narrow filter engaged to get the filter passband
to match the offset.  Now you can leave it alone and tune
the band knowing you should be on frequency, and you have
the offset you like.

Clark
WA3JPG