[TenTec] Omni 6 factory upgrades- HISTORY !!!

Brian Hemmis K3USC@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:58:47 -0400

Just got off the phone with Scott at TT sales.  He informed me that TT is no
longer doing the Option 2 upgrade and that their dance card is full for # 3
upgrades as well. I have a supposedly mint Omni 6 coming in which I was
hoping to have the factory do the # 2 which they had done for me a couple
years back on another of the many 6's which have passed through here.
Question for the TT cult members- Has anyone done the # 1, $ 75,
do-it-yourself mod ? The part abt the stick-on labels for the keypad seems a
bit cheesy to me. Am I over-reacting ? Is there another option ? Scott
suggested that I NOT try to replace the whole keypad myself. ( I asked abt
buying the new keypad.) Any help would be appreciated. 73, Brian
K3USC-Erie,PA