[TenTec] BULL: "Disguising" Omni VI

Bill Cotter bcotter@pop.uky.edu
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:18:39 -0400

Jim et al,

I think the claim of FRAUD is unfair and unreasonable, to label an
owner upgrading his OMNI to what Ten Tec themselves claim is
"OMNI-6+" equivalence........ Including, changing the front panel
to reflect the changes. Ten Tec could have made a few extra bucks
offering to do this themselves (option-4).

When they sell you the upgrade, that's exactly what they want you
to believe before you plunk down your $dabloons$! However, if one
changes the series/serial number, that is beyond ethical bounds, in
my opinion.

bc

At 04:47 PM 6/27/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Manuel, W4SSB;
>
>Being able to buy a front panel from Ten-Tec is not at issue my
friend.
>Deceiving a casual person/inexperienced person into thinking the
xcvr. is
>a "Plus" Model 564 when in fact it is a Model 563. (fraud) is the
issue.
>That sir constitutes fraud. If an Omni VI owner orders a Plus
panel and
>installs it, that is f-r-a-u-d.
>
>Period.
>
>73,
>Jim Miller,  K4SQR

>--

Bill Cotter                            Mail:   bcotter@pop.uky.edu
Technical Systems Project Manager      ICQ:    13117266
VPIS Special Projects Office           Pager:  (606) 259-6082
McVey Hall, Room-100                   Phone:  (606) 323-6474
University of Kentucky                 FAX:    (606) 323-1978
Lexington, KY 40506-0045               Home:   (606) 887-5563,2402