[TenTec] Kachina comparison?

Gary E. J. Bold g.bold@auckland.ac.nz
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 14:30:39 +1300

Hi all,

I've been asked to review a Kachina 505DSP transceiver for the ZL
Ham journal "Break-In".  Two questions:

I have bad power-line noise at my QTH.   Can anyone comment on
the relative receiver performance of the Kachina re the Omni VI+, or
other Ten Tec rigs?   The specs look VERY good.

The Kachina "live CW" mode allows you to send morse from the keyboard.
The inter-character space is 4 dot units (not 3), the inter-word space is
about 12 dot units (not 7).   Has anyone else noted this, or is my review
model unusual?

Apologies for a "not totally TenTec" query, but I know that some of you
guys out there have tried the Kachina.

73, Gary ZL1AN