[TenTec] Those nasty "extra" dit dah blues

Alex Mendelsohn alex.ai2q@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:00:36 -0500

Larry, all I can say is "Ouch!" There's nothing worse than "extra" dits and
dahs to screw up code. There really is no such thing as an extra dit or dah
for that matter, especially when a single dit is a letter, eh?

It's certainly okay to make mistakes, but please send an arror message and a
correct repeat, otherwise the other op may leave you in the dust!

Good luck with getting mastery over your key.

Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex in Kennebunk, Maine   .-.-.

---Original Message-----
From: owner-tentec@contesting.com [mailto:owner-tentec@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Larry L. Laflamme
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 1999 12:40 PM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] KR-20

Greetings.  I finally got a keyer for my 540, and have been using it a
little bit.  The problem I'm having is sending "extra" dits and dahs; "de"
comes out "be","k" sometimes becomes "y", etc. I don't notice it when
sending a string of dahs/dits like "SHM" or "599".  It doesnt seem to matter
what speed I have the keyer set at...I have been sending quite slowly, about
10 WPM.  The rig keys smoothly with a hand key...after all it is a Ten Tec!

I suspect I just dont have the tensioning knobs set right, or, there are
adjustments for the contact spacing, but I haven't touched those.
Any suggestions?
73
Larry, N1SHM
laflamme@ncia.net