[TenTec] REF: No RTTY on Omni-VI

randas@mindspring.com randas@mindspring.com
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 08:03:32 -0500

This am update to the trouble I'm haveing working RTTY with my Omni-VI up3.
As it turns out I'm able to copy rtty fine when I pull the audio from the
headphone jack or the speaker jack in the rear of the radio. When I pull the
audio from the RCA jack I dont hear the high tones. This is a bit strange
cause most of the people who responded (thanks again) are useing the RCA
jack for their audio. Paul down at TT hadn't heard of such a problem before
but thought it might be the high impedence of the RCA output(600 ohms) as
compaired to the 8 ohm from the speaker jack. I wonder if this is the case
or if something is cutting the high freq tones before it leaves the RCA
jack. Anyway..thats where it stands as of now..several people wanted me to
post what I came up with on this problem.

PS: I'm useing the Kam plus as a tnc.

73 de Tim  K0FL