[TenTec] TenTec OmniVI+ on RTTY

Carter Grabarczyk k8vt@ameritech.net
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 12:41:09 -0500

John,
I have discovered the same problem. Apparently, it is RF coming in on
the FSK lead entering the Omni VI. You have 2 choices- either disconnect
the FSK plug from the back of the Omni when operating SSB or try to RF
filter the FSK lead. That's what I did. RF choke (1 or 2 mH) and a .001
to ground worked for me. Also you could try looping the FSK lead through
a ferrite core several times.

If there ever is an Omni 7, I would gladly pay extra if TT would do this
INTERNALLY-RFCs, ferrite beads, bypass caps, etc.

73/Carter/K8VT