[TenTec] Software support for the Omni V

dacalvin@us.ibm.com dacalvin@us.ibm.com
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:30:56 -0600

Just thought I'd pass some information along.  WriteLog contesting and
logging software supports the Omni V.  Wayne Wright, the author of the
software, owns a "V" and so when you open the software to set up the ports
the first time, it defaults to the V.  WriteLog can be used as a general
logger as well as being an excellent contest application.  I use it for
contesting and like it a lot.  It was the first Windows-based contesting
software, and is still the best, I think.  It does not do awards tracking.
It has an excellent RTTY contest interface, and includes Ritty support so
you can use your PC sound card as a RTTY controller for the rig.

So, here is a software option for you Omni V owners.

      73,  Duane    AC5AA

>  Hi Duane, yes it does support the Onmi V. Infact it the default on
>  ever comport window when you click Setup ComPorts.. :-)
>  Your right Wayne does have an Omni V.. Writelog definately supports
>  it.
>
>   Later de Ron K5DJ

Duane A. Calvin
Server Systems Test Engineer
Dept. 76TS   RS/6000 - SP Nodes
IBM Austin, TX      >O<     Tie: 793-3368