[TenTec] RTTY

ac5aa@juno.com ac5aa@juno.com
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:07:41 -0600

I run RTTY (FSK) with my Omni VI+ and it does great.  I prefer FSK
because I don't have to horse around with disconnecting either the RTTY
or microphone when in the other mode.  It works great for me with my
KAM-Plus.  I'm not that keen about my software (KaWin) which does allow
dual port mode on the KAM, but I'd rather my logging software (DX4WIN)
used it in dual port mode so I could check spots against the log while
running RTTY.  I also use my Centurion amp with the Omni on RTTY, and
it's a very smooth setup.  The Centurion is a really nice amp!  I have
only an HF2V vertical for 80m and 40m, and a G5RV Jr. for the other
bands, and I'm at 93 worked on RTTY after about 1.5 years of very casual
operation on RTTY.  (20 cards short of 5BDXCC also, but that's another
story...)

	73,  Duane   AC5AA       (there, feel better now?  :^)

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:33:17 -0500 Harry &Sara Coates <coates@oceana.net>
writes:

>Hi Gang,
>
>I've noticed a small flourish about RTTY with Ten Tec gear
>lately. I responded to a question about getting equal
>signals on Mark es Space tones a week or so ago. Never saw
>another word on that subject. Read a hundred on plug 52,
>clicks, chirps, squawks, etc, etc, and whether TT cared or
>not.
>Now, I know that CW is the purist digital mode, and TT is
>famous for that.
>Lets tell the world about the other modes our Ten Tec rigs
>do very well. I belong to 3 "digital" lists in order to keep
>currant on those modes. I am quite frankly getting tired of
>hearing how great the, "YEACOMWOOD" is on RTTY. My OMNI VI/3
>does an outstanding job on these modes, RTTY, PACTOR and
>PSK31. Along with my Hercules II when required, I couldn't
>imagine a station that does any better.
>Lets hear from you people that use TT gear on these modes,
>and share your experience with others. Dare to ask
>questions. Come out of the closet!!
>"Closet Kilowatts" are accepted of course. HI HI
>
>Harry Coates       WA8HC
>
>                            TEN TEC forever and RTTY
>

>--

Duane A. Calvin, AC5AA