[TenTec] Ten Tec and RTTY

Peter A. Klein pklein@2alpha.net
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 00:01:19 -0800

Harry:  I also use RITTY and PSK31 with the Sound Blaster.  In addition, I
have a HAL P38 card.  The software that comes with the HAL card is a little
clunky, and it's DOS software, but it's fast, and it multitasks under
Windows 95/98 just fine, unlike RITTY.  Its tuning indicator is also more
usable than some Windows programs because the screen refresh is faster,
particularly if you run it full-screen.

Another very nice program I use with the P38 is XPWin.  This is a very
popular, and very easy to use program that works with many popular TNCs.  See

	http://www.goodnet.com/~gjohnson

for more information.  The program is shareware, and it lets you use it up
to 100 times before registering.  You will also find some more information
and tutorials about XPWin, and many other HF digital subjects, at the
following URLs:

	http://www.megalink.net/~n1rct
	http://www.n2hos.com/digital/index.html

These two sites both have links to other digital modes information--more
than you'll ever need!  :-)

73 from KD7MW,

--- Peter