[TenTec] Delta 580 display question

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:48:46 -0500 (EST)

I didn't see my answer to the 580 question post so here it is again.

Paul V. Is correct about the display working even though no xtals are
installed for the WARC bands. I got my 580 off the shelf and fired it up
on 17 meters. It has no xtal but the display still shows the frequency.

The reason for this is because the display's counter is reading the
frequency of the 2nd converter. The xtals are in the first converter.

Now my Omni C being a single conversion rig won't do this. Without the
xtal, it shows a bogus frequency.

One downside to the double conversion design then is inaccuracy of the
display. The xtal's could be off frequency while the display shows it as
correct. Furthermore, there's no trimmers on the xtals to compensate.

Steve Ellington N4LQ
N4LQ@IGLOU.COM