[TenTec] TX-100 going going gone

Walter S Delesandri walt@jove.acs.unt.edu
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:27:01 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

No, Carter, they're not 'rich' -- for the most part, at least not
in "real" wealth...if they OWNED the properties, that'd be one thing...
I work with these folks, some of them....they have two incomes, perhaps
$75-85K total/year, and are mortgaged to the hilt....the 'subdivision' folks
are NOT the ones I referred to...I'm talking the 2% that are TRULY rich....
not on 'earned' income, mostly....even doctors and lawyers that are WORKING
don't have the money for a $200K car and 900K house and 50K audio system...
these folks were BORN that way....

Here's what I do.....take everything you own that's worth cash value....including
equity, etc, EVERYTHING....subtract all of this (fair values) from what you owe, or
the other way around....now, don't fret, MOST of us have a negative net worth...
at least until 60 or so....THAT's how much you have....my "net worth" is about
$15K, NEGATIVE>>>>my co-workers, using the same formula, are $50K PLUS in the
hole.....I'm worth $35K "more" than them.....no car balance, no consumer credit
balance, house paid up to half it's value, and $25K in possessions/cash/etc....

I have a modest income (<30K) and we live fine, with lots of free time
and a few 'toys'.....much better, in fact, than the 2-SUV/$250K
households....they're always beating the hounds away from the door :)

I grew up in a household where you paid cash for everything except a
house.....that's served me well for 40+ years, don't plan to change now
:) :)

73, Walt

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:12:00 -0500 Carter Grabarczyk
<k8vt@ameritech.net> wrote:No, C