[TenTec] LEST WE FORGET

k5pgw k5pgw@popalex1.linknet.net
Sun, 2 May 1999 08:27:21 -0500 (CDT)

Mike: I congratulate you as being one of the more intelligent readers of the
reflectors. The feedback to"LEST WE FORGET" was overwhelmingly in agreement
and MOST GOT THE POINT point that I felt the Icom company to be
inconsiderate in my experience at attempting to communicate with them. THOSE
COMPANIES (no reference made to the country, race, color, sex, religon,
sexual preference, language, dress customs, even whether they wear clothes
or not, for fear I might hurt the delicate feelings of people too
emotionally fragile and stupid to understand) just do not do business in the
same way as typical AMERICAN COMPANIES.  MY POINT WAS that there are no
companies ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD that feel their responsibility to the
consumer like Ten Tec and Drake and give that personal attention to EVERY
REQUEST  in a very prompt and personal manner.

I was frustrated and still am about that experience. What frustrates me more
is that I have now learned from a factory authorized Icom repair station
that my rig doesn't have a problem because it is in specs as designed and
manufactured. The specs are drift of + - 200 HZ after 1 minute from turn on
in the first 60 minutes. That means that you compensate by turning the
tuning know for the first 45 minutes to 60 minutes. And by the way, that is
the spec in the front of the manual. Seems excessive drift and poor parts
choice for a digital phase lock loop controlled rig to drift that much. The
master oscilator is controlled by a crystal and has a calibrating trimmer
cap. Must be very low quality/cheap crystal/ trimmer cap, or very poor
temperature compensation in the oscilator.
SO THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE IC 735 WAS DESIGNED AND BUILT THAT WAY.

Anyway, the cry baby, do gooder, social conscience cops of these reflectors
cannot change what is and will always be, the way GOD made people and the
way their ancestors trained them to think and do business. To those who
called me a racist, I submit: I didn't create anybody, GOD created us all,
it was his choice not mine. If he hadn't wanted us different, he would not
have made us different. So was GOD not the first racist? I happen to be a
graduate school certified Social Worker with years of Social Work experience
and 30 years of Law Practice with a Juris Doctor degree and I treat people
as they treat me and respect people as they respect me.

My point to those who thought they understood my post: Think with your
brain, try to be intelligent, try to not let your emotions do your thinking
and if you are that easily offended, then seek out a professional for
help.....maybe you could get help from a professional social worker like me
or my sister who is a PHD in psychology.

MY POINT AGAIN FOR THE SLOW LEARNERS: Foreign (non American) companies don't
do business like American companies. They don't have that concern for having
a satisfied customer and personal attention to your requests. We will
probably find out now that many foreign multinational companies are buying
out or controlling interest in our old main line American companies such as
Chrysler and others. I hope not, but I predict that many Americans are going
to miss the "good old days" when the customer was KING!!!!!!!!! 73, John,
K5PGW