[TenTec] Anyone

Clark Savage Turner turner@rome.ics.uci.edu
Sun, 02 May 1999 18:23:54 -0700

Now THERE'S a question I am interested in :-)  :-) .

I got on today and tuned around with my OMNI VI, heard a weak
one calling CQ on the lower part of 40 SSB, he was not on
7182, but seemed to be 7182.35 or so.....  I liked that so
I called him back, figuring he has an older analog rig.  I
get funny urges like that sometimes.

He was running one of those little MFJ QRP rigs, sounded pretty
good.  He did say that some QRM had moved in and he was about
to fire up his Scout so he could have some filtering, but we
weathered the storm OK.  Nice choices in rigs :-).

I like QRP SSB ops who are willing to give it a go.  I like my
OMNI VI receiver and the DSP that really helps pull them out
for comfortable copy.  It was fun.

Clark
WA3JPG