[TenTec] For What It's Worth...

Thos. Wade Patton wadepatton@mindspring.com
Mon, 03 May 1999 09:56:34 -0500

--=====================_3800578==_.ALT

And remember this folks:

The Ten-Tec service department is NOT computerized.  It is amazing that
Ten-Tec
service can maintain their reputation with all of the paper pushing involved.
I had a little trouble getting a schematic for my P/S some while back, but the
replacement boards kept coming and coming.

The folks at TT sort of EXPECT you to dig in and fix it, with their
guidance if
necessary.  You are a HAM ain't you!  I learned a bunch with screwdriver and
DVOM in hand and TT on the line.

I own some JA rigs as well. Luckily I've had no troubles with them.  When the
final went out on a 2m mobile, I gave it away, because it was too expensive to
fix.

Now, if TT made a remote-mount Scout with module stacking, my pickup would be
outfitted differently.

W1ADE, in Tennessee

> This reflector is getting a little too busy for my schedule but I do have to
> offer a response!!!!  I brought my Corsair home from a ham fest on a Sunday
> and spoke to Ten-Tec Support on Monday I didn't have a manual as the seller
> was going to send it to me.  The tech spent an hour with me on a twenty year
> + rig.
> >Long live Ten-Tec
> >73, Winston K4CWQ
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
> Submissions: tentec@contesting.com
> Administrative requests: tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems: owner-tentec@contesting.com
> Search: http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm

--=====================_3800578==_.ALT

And remember this folks:<br>
The Ten-Tec service department is NOT computerized.&nbsp; It is amazing
that Ten-Tec service can maintain their reputation with all of the paper
pushing involved.&nbsp; I had a little trouble getting a schematic for my
P/S some while back, but the replacement boards kept coming and
coming.&nbsp; <br>
The folks at TT sort of EXPECT you to dig in and fix it, with their
guidance if necessary.&nbsp; You are a HAM ain't you!&nbsp; I learned a
bunch with screwdriver and DVOM in hand and TT on the line.<br>
I own some JA rigs as well. Luckily I've had no troubles with them.&nbsp;
When the final went out on a 2m mobile, I gave it away, because it was
too expensive to fix.<br>
Now, if TT made a remote-mount Scout with module stacking, my pickup
would be outfitted differently.<br>
W1ADE, in Tennessee<br>
for my schedule but I do have to offer a response!!!!&nbsp; I brought my
Corsair home from a ham fest on a Sunday and spoke to Ten-Tec Support on
Monday I didn't have a manual as the seller was going to send it to
me.&nbsp; The tech spent an hour with me on a twenty year + rig. <br>
&gt;Long live Ten-Tec<br>
&gt;73, Winston K4CWQ<br>
-- <br>
FAQ on WWW: