[TenTec] "LEST WE FORGET"

Simmons, Reid W reid.w.simmons@intel.com
Mon, 3 May 1999 12:49:56 -0700

Yeah, the Japs still seem to be hung up on this "we can make it smaller,
O.K. GI?" crap.  I like a rig where you don't need "tweezers" or a
"magnifying glass" to operate the controls.  And I don't need a rig that I
could lose it in the carpeting if it got blown off the desk by a strong
breeze!

I like a rig that I can work on, fix, tinker with, modify, etc., and if I
need it, I can get FRIENDLY, KNOWLEDGABLE help; not in broken Jap/English,
but in Tennessian, a language which is a LOT easier to learn. :)

Why load up a rig with a lot of virtually useless bells & whistles, buttons
and knobs, and then charge obscene prices for the rigs?  Anyone can do that.
I prefer a more basic rig and I let my operating skills do the rest.

I literally threw away all my remaining Jappy stuff when I bought my Ten Tec
Omni VI back in 1992.  I haven't regretted it one bit.

You can buy a Ten Tec, and if you don't like it, you can return it within 30
days and get your money back - though I have never had the need to do that.

Just my $0.02 (~2.4 Yen) worth:)

Reid, K7YX