BULL****! Re: [TenTec] URGENT NOTICE: Long Distance E-mail

Peter J. F. Shaw k4ldr@hitter.net
Wed, 5 May 1999 08:50:08 -0400

Ahoy Ten-Tecers:

Yep, I fell for one of those "urgent notices...pass along".   Just
once.  Commrades and strangers alike called me a fool and stupid; like
they never were that, ever.  I am wiser, and certainly much more
cautious.  I consult one or more reliable web sites regarding
authenticity before blindly trusting any relayer and/or originator of
an Internet email.    BTW, perusing those web sites is an education in
itself and entertaining as well.  Many chuckles and some guffaws too.

And last but not least.  We learn from our mistakes.  True?   I
learned that after purchasing a new Ten-Tec OMNI VI in 1993, then
doing the factory v.3 Plus upgrade, that I would never (almost never -
never say never) purchase a new Japanese made amateur radio
transceiver (again).   Before my OMNI VI+ and Japanese equipment
learning experience, I was an R.L. Drake believer.  I had the R4X and
T4X twins loaded with filters, 160M & 10M xtals and loved it.   When I
moved from Wash DC (Potomac Valley Radio Club land) to NYC in 1975, I
sold my Drake setup for $25 over what I paid for it new.  See, good
radios are premium.  Unfortunately, R.L. Drake Co withdrew from the
amateur equipment business segment.  Like Ten-Tec, Drake offered fair
prices and good service.  And based in America too.

See how we learn stuff?  Perhaps the gent that passed along the email
tax-o-gram is wiser now.  But be a little nice folks.  You could make
an error too.  Then it is just a matter of how many thousands of
Internet users know what a fool you were.

73  Pete K4LDR  Citrus County, FL on the Gulf of Mex

Member of the Florida Contest Group (FCG) - visit our website at:
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out
the FQP website@: http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm