[TenTec] Re: OMNI-6 Plus

Roy Koeppe royanjoy@ncn.net
Wed, 5 May 1999 09:42:27 -0500

About...

Hello...

I want to buy a new rig. I do have Drake TR7 and work mostly CW.

I have looked at Omni VI+.

Do any body has any comments, against, pro ???

Best regards

Piotr LA9HFA

Hi Piotr,

Here are some of the things I especially like about OMNI-6+:

The Best, most accurate method of CW zero beating  I have seen.

Tuning rate speeds separately programmable for CW, SSB, and for the RITS on
CW and SSB.

ALL controls and switches are Front Panel, including the selector for a
separate receiving antenna, with PIN diode protection for the receiving
antenna.

Easy to work on physical size. Light weight, with external power supply,
should you need to return to the factory.

No fans or noisy blowers to wear out or get noisier with age.

Excellent QSK. Ditto on the DSP noise reduction. The blanker is almost
immune to influence by nearby signals.

Get the 250 Hz filters, including the one centered on 500 Hz CW tone.

Well, I could go on and on. I even like the small favors, such as use of
good old standard number 47 lamps for the meter backlighting!

Guess you know about the good factory service.

73,   Roy    K6XK